How to keep a device always visible in AirBuddy
By default, AirBuddy will not show all of your devices in the Menu Bar user interface. Whether or not the device is visible there will depend on a number of factors and the type of device:
- For AirPods and Beats devices, the app will display them on the list when they're near your Mac, even when they're not currently connected to the Mac
- For Magic Mouse, Keyboard, or Trackpad, the app will display them when they're currently connected to your Mac, or to another one of your Macs with Magic Handoff enabled
- For iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch, they will be visible as long as they're currently reporting their battery information, either through a cable or over WiFi
- For devices that are not made by Apple or Beats, such as headphones from other manufacturers, the app will display them on the list when they're currently connected to your Mac
To pin a device in AirBuddy
If you'd like a device to stay always visible on the list, you can pin it.
To pin a device that's currently visible:
- Open the AirBuddy window in the Menu Bar
- Right click the device and choose "Pin (name of the device)"
To pin a device that's not currently visible:
- Open the AirBuddy settings
- Select the Devices tab
- Find the device you'd like to pin
- Click the pin icon to the right side of the device
Pinned devices are always visible on the list, even when AirBuddy can't see them nearby or connected to your Mac. This can be really useful when using headsets from other manufacturers, so that you can quickly connect to them from the list.