Notice about AirBuddy volume indicator in macOS Sonoma
If you’re running macOS Sonoma and using AirPods Pro (2nd generation) with the “Personalized Volume” feature enabled, it’s possible that you’ll see the AirBuddy volume change indicator when the AirPods Pro are adjusting the volume automatically when reacting to your environment or the content you’re currently listening to.
Apple has acknowledged this issue with third-party apps that have volume indicators in the release notes for macOS Sonoma, but has not provided a solution yet.
A future update of the app will address this issue so that the volume indicator doesn’t show up when the AirPods are adjusting the volume automatically.
In the meantime, there are a couple of options to work around it:
Option 1: Disable AirBuddy Volume Feedback
- Launch AirBuddy settings by clicking the gear icon in the Menu Bar window or launching the app from Finder
- Select the Audio tab
- At the bottom, for “Volume Feedback”, select “Disabled”
Option 2: Disable Personalized Volume
- Make sure your AirPods Pro (2nd generation) are connected to your Mac
- Open System Settings
- Select your AirPods Pro on the side bar
- Find the “Personalized Volume” toggle and turn it off